On Saturday 15th of June, Double Pass held its Quality in Sports Happening 2019, placing 6 Belgian grassroots clubs in the spotlight that have shown a great commitment to the development of the youth in football.
More than 250 participants including football experts, trainers, referees and representatives from Flemish football clubs attended the annual event. The jury granted seven Awards, including four Double Pass Awards for the most deserving youth training programs of the year and three Best Practice Awards were distributed to the clubs with the best performances in a particular category of the assessment.
The 2019 Double Pass Awards were won by:
- Sporting Vremde (Double Pass Award Ex-KVV)
- S.K. Steenhuffel (Double Pass Award Regional)
- E. Mazenzele Opwijk (Double Pass Award Provincial)
- R.C. Hades Hasselt (Double Pass Award Interprovincial).
The 2019 Best Practice Awards went to:
- Sporting Wijchmaal (Best Practice Award Regional: Social Engagement),
- K. Schelle Sport (Best Practice Award Provincial: Coach Support),
- R.C. Hades Hasselt (Best Practice Award Interprovincial: Individual development & Support).
During the football season 2018-2019, 132 clubs were subject to the assessment by Double Pass on behalf of the Flemish Football Federation (Voetbal Vlaanderen). The result: more than 60% of these clubs received a quality star label. 13 clubs obtained a 1-star quality label, 40 clubs a 2-star quality label, 16 clubs a 3-star quality label and 2 clubs a 4-star quality label (the highest possible result).
With this initiative Double Pass wants to emphasise the importance of investing in talent development.
The pictures of the QISH19 can be found on this page.
For more information about our assessment services or the Quality in Sports Happening, contact our experts:
Head of Assessment