On Saturday 9th of June, Double Pass held its 2018 Quality in Sports Happening, placing 6 Belgian grassroots clubs in the spotlight that have shown a great commitment to the development of the youth in football.
More than 270 participants including football experts, trainers, referees and representatives from Flemish football clubs attended the annual event. The jury granted six Awards, including three Double Pass Awards for the most deserving youth training programs of the year and three Best Practice Awards were distributed to the clubs with the best performances in a particular category of the assessment.
The 2018 Double Pass Awards were won by:
• K.E. Louwel (Double Pass Award Regional)
• S.K. Munkzwalm (Double Pass Award Provincial)
• K.S.V. Oudenaarde (Double Pass Award Interprovincial).
The 2018 Best Practice Awards went to:
• K.S.K. Sint-Amands (Best Practice Award Regional: Social Support and Initiatives),
• K. Stormvogels Haasrode (Best Practice Award Provincial: Coach Support),
• K.S.V. Oudenaarde (Best Practice Award Interprovincial: Individual Evaluation & Support).
During the football season 2017-2018, 137 clubs were subject to the assessment by Double Pass on behalf of the Flemish Football Federation (Voetbal Vlaanderen). The result: more than 60% of these clubs received a quality star label. 29 clubs obtained a 1-star quality label, 21 clubs a 2-star quality label, 30 clubs a 3-star quality label and 4 clubs a 4-star quality label (the highest possible result).
With this initiative Double Pass wants to emphasise the importance of investing in talent development.
The pictures and after movie will soon be available.