"Thank you for the report “PRO²Sportdiensten”! Reliable, smart, well-founded, speaking about values which will allow us to work in the right direction. It will surely inspire us for a long time!"
Leon Vanderstraeten, Chief responsible Sport Provincie Limburg
PRO² Sportdiensten is a quality control project for the Vereniging van de Vlaamse Provincies (Association of Flemish Provinces, VVP), which aims at a (further) professionalization of the sport departments in Flanders. PRO² stands for ‘PROmotie van PROfessionaliteit' (Promotion of professionalism) and focuses mainly on the management of sport departments. In the first place the quality model aims at local and provincial sport departments by offering them support in their search for professionalism, efficiency and effectiveness. The preparatory research was co-financed by Steunpunt Sport, Beweging en Gezondheid (Support service for Sport, Exercise and Health) headed by the Flemish regional government.
- commissioner: Association of the Flemish Provinces (VVP) en de Vlaamse Provincies
- start: 2006
- 2008: 5 provinces + 26 municipalities
- 2009: 44 municipalities – in total 70 municipalities
- 2010: 52 municipalities – in total 122 municipalities
- 2011: 32 municipalities – in total 154 municipalities (= 50% of the total number of Flemish municipalities (N = 308))
- Project managers: Amandine Vanvossel, Sylvie Leblicq and Jo Haentjens
- @: firstname.lastname@example.org