Through a cooperation with “Arco Argentina”, a development project for underprivileged children of Nelson, a small city near Santa Fé, Argentina, Double PASS is doing its part in making the world a better place.
Arco Argentina is a socio-cultural development project meant to help underprivileged youth between 6 and 16 years of age. It takes place in Nelson, a small village 35 km from Santa Fé, Argentina. The goal of this project is to help, coach and support these youths in their ‘development’, and this in the broadest sense of the word:
- By supplying them with a safe environment;
- By offering them the necessities to fulfill their basic needs such as giving them food and offering them sanitary services;
- By organizing (pedagogical) post-school activities.
The projects main goals are the realization of the following three cornerstones:
- The first cornerstone is fulfilling the children’s basic daily needs: Every day the children get a free meal, can make use of sanitary installations and can wash their clothes. .
- The second is the creation of a football club. The club offers the children the opportunity to play sports in a well organized manner (football as a means of offering the kids a ‘purpose’ and to further their integration into society), hopefully keeping them off the streets and out of trouble.
- Last but not least, under the denominator “Development of capacities”, the project will introduce the concept of a ‘youth organization’ (ex: scouts) . This organization is meant to be a social project not only offering the children the chance to organise group activities, but in the meantime to improve their socio-cultural skills. Linked to this a youth centre will be founded where the activities can take place.
The main purpose of Arco Argentina is to offer the underprivileged children of Nelson the chance to get a socio-cultural development and education, to improve their life standard and to bring a a sparkle of light to their lives.